A delicious strawberry raspberry smoothie is the perfect drink to wake up to. It has a delicious blend of two berries, some amazingly creamy dairy and a touch of a natural sweetener (honey).
As with any smoothie you may want to add some protein powder or other extras such as wheat germ, LSA and more. I find roughly 1 Tbsp. is more than enough for the standard recipe but you may find you need more or less.
This recipe will make enough for 2 people so keep that in mind when you go to make it. Basically like any smoothie it won’t last for very long in the fridge, roughly only 2-3 days. I personally always try to make it fresh or make sure I drink it all within the same day.
As I mention above it doesn’t matter if you fresh or frozen fruit in this recipe as the result will be roughly the same. You may find that when you use frozen fruit your smoothie is a bit thicker and of course colder. Another pro that I should mention is that frozen fruit is often easier to get your hands on all year round unlike fresh which either becomes hugely expensive or poor quality in the off seasons.
If you want to see a video on how to make this delicious smoothie recipe, then be sure to check out the one above. It’s short, snappy and straight to the point.
Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup Strawberries (Fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup Raspberries
- ½ Cup milk
- ½ Cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean or extract
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Add the strawberries, raspberries, yogurt, milk, vanilla, and honey to a blender.
- Blitz until combined and smooth.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Adding about ½ cup of ice to this recipe will help thicken it up even more. However, I should note that this particular smoothie will already come out pretty thick even with the absence of ice.
- As I mention in most of the recipes you can replace the dairy with low fat varieties. If you do, then you may not need the honey as low fat dairy often has added sugar.
- You don’t have to use honey as other sweeteners such as just plain sugar will work just fine. I personally prefer to use a natural sweetener such as honey or maple syrup.
One thing that you will absolutely love about this strawberry and raspberry smoothie is how easy it is to quickly make. If you want to make things even faster then you should measure the fruit ahead of time and keep them in serving sized bags in the freezer. This way you can just simply pull one serving out and blend with the dairy.
If you enjoyed this smoothie, then might want to check out some our other raspberry smoothies. You will find the raspberry banana is incredibly smooth, rich and thirst quenching. Certainly one you should give a go.
You can find all the nutritional information about this smoothie below. Keep in mind this is just a rough estimate and will likely vary slightly depending on type & quality of the ingredients used. Some good points about this smoothie is that it is high in calcium, manganese, vitamin b6 and vitamin C. One bad point is that it’s slightly high in sugar.
I am constantly adding more and more recipes so if you want to be kept up to date then you can sign up to the mailing list below or just follow me on any of the major social networks.
Want to leave your thoughts, variations, feedback or anything else about this strawberry raspberry smoothie? Then be sure to leave a comment below.