This simple yet amazing strawberry blueberry smoothie is a perfect way to start your day. You can use either fresh or frozen fruit depending on what’s readily available to you.
One great thing about this smoothie is that it will actually fill you up just by itself. However, if you’re looking for something to eat that goes well with it then something like a granola compliments it quite well.
This recipe is enough for 2 people so make sure you adjust it if you need more or less. It will last a few days but I personally always try to drink it as fresh as possible.
As with any smoothie you can add extras such as flax seeds, chia seeds or even protein powder. It really just depends what you’re looking to get out of your smoothie. For me I prefer it without any of these. If you do want to add these to the recipe, then 1 Tbsp. should be more than enough.
If you want to see the entire process of making this smoothie, then be sure to check out the video below. It goes through all the steps to getting this prepared, blended and ready for drinking.
Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
- 5-10 (1 cup) Strawberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- ½ Cup Blueberries (Fresh or frozen)
- ½ Cup milk
- ½ Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean or extract
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- In a blender add the strawberries, blueberries, milk, vanilla yogurt and the honey.
- Blitz until well combined.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can use normal yogurt or low fat depending on what you prefer. There is very little difference in terms of texture, some low varieties have a lot of sugar in them though.
- I usually find just the yogurt and fruit has enough sweetness in them that the honey can actually be left out of the smoothie. However, if you love things to be a bit sweeter than I recommended keeping it in.
- Honey can be replaced with other sweeteners such as maple syrup, white sugar and brown sugar. Keep in mind almost every type of sugar has a different taste to it.
- As with any smoothie if you’re able to get some cheap fresh fruit then use this over frozen as I find fresh fruit works really well. However, frozen will come out to be just as good if you’re unable to source cheap fruit.
- A cool little trick you can do if you find yourself having this smoothie a lot is to weigh the berries out ahead of time and store them in serve size packs in the freezer. This way you only need to grab one pack per serving you need.
Nutritional information for this smoothie can be found below. This information is an estimate but will hopefully help anyone who is keeping track of what they drink and eat.
There are quite a few positives about this smoothie that I should point out. You will find that it is high in calcium, vitamin C and B6. It also low in cholesterol and sodium. As with most smoothies it is high in sugar this is because of the fruit and honey. If you want you can leave the honey out if you’re wanting to reduce your sugar intake.
There is such a huge range of strawberry smoothies that you’re able to do. It’s a very versatile fruit making it work with tons of other different types of fruit and dairy. If you like this smoothie, then you should certainly check out the tasty strawberry & yogurt smoothie.
I hope that you enjoy this delicious simple strawberry blueberry smoothie recipe. If you have a variation, tips or anything else that you would love to share then please feel free to leave a comment below.