It’s not surprising how good a blueberry raspberry smoothie tastes since they’re both amazing summer fruits. These two berries give this smoothie an amazing pinkish glow and it tastes as good as it looks.
This smoothie is an awesome post workout drink as it’s not only nice and cool it’s also extremely refreshing. If you’re looking for a protein hit, then be sure to add your favorite protein powder just before you go to blend it. I find about 1 Tbsp. is more than enough.
As with most smoothies you can use fresh or frozen fruit depending on what’s affordable and available to you. Obviously fresh raspberries & blueberries are easier to get your hands on in the summer. However, I find that the frozen fruits still works just as good as fresh and they’re usually available all year round.
There are a ton of health benefits to both blueberries and raspberries making this smoothie surprisingly healthy for you. If you leave the honey out and opt for healthier variations of dairy then this would be a super healthy smoothie.
Want to watch how to make this delicious blueberry & raspberry smoothie? Then be sure to check out the video above. It goes through everything you need to know for getting this recipe blended and ready for drinking. If you just want the text version of the smoothie recipe then you can find it below.
Blueberry Raspberry Smoothie Recipe
- ½ Cup Raspberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- ½ Cup Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- ½ Cup Plain yogurt
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- In a blender add the raspberries, blueberries, yogurt, milk, vanilla and the honey.
- Blitz until well combined, smooth and thick.
- Serve & enjoy
- As I mention in all the smoothie recipes you can add ice if you would like to. You will find that ½ cup should be more than enough to thicken this smoothie up. It will also become extra chilled for anyone who loves a really cold drink.
- The honey can be left out if you prefer your smoothie to be a bit less sweet. It’s also important to note that if you use low-fat milk and yogurt these may have added sugar.
- As with basically any smoothie you make it’s best to make it as fresh as possible. If you keep it in the fridge you will find that it will only last a few days. If you do have some leftover you can freeze it down in an ice-cube tray and simply blend the frozen smoothie cubes whenever you feel like a nice cold smoothie.
If you want to know all the nutritional information for this delicious smoothie recipe then you can find it below. These values are an estimate so they may vary depending on the quantity and quality of the ingredients used. Certain values can be lowered by using other varieties of dairy.
You will find that this smoothie has a high amount of calcium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C. It is low in both cholesterol and sodium but unfortunately is slightly high in sugar.
If you love this recipe, then you’re going to love a ton of other recipes that use either blueberries or raspberries. Another delicious combination that you should check out is a smoothie that uses strawberries & blueberries as the main ingredients. There are just so many combinations that you can try out.
If you have anything you want to share on this blueberry raspberry smoothie recipe then be sure to leave a comment below. I always enjoy reading your opinion, thoughts, variations and whatever you may have to share.