A banana berry smoothie is a great combination of ingredients that provides you with a drink that is not only healthy but is also extremely tasty.
The mix of berries that I recommend using is blueberries, raspberries and of course blackberries. You can alter this to whatever combination of berries that you would prefer. This is just my favourite mix and the mix that you will typically get if you buy frozen mixed berries.
This recipe makes enough for two people so if you want more or less then don’t forget to alter the ingredient amounts. As I mention in the smoothie tips below this won’t keep for very long in the fridge so keep that in mind when you go to make it.
If you’re worried about the amount of the fat in the milk and yogurt, then you can substitute these with low fat variations. Keep in mind some the low fat variations have huge amounts of sugar in them.
If you want to see a cool video on making this amazing banana berry smoothie, then be sure to check it out below. It’s nice, short and straight to the point but a great way to see exactly what you’re making!
Banana Berry Smoothie Recipe
- ½ cup mixed berries (Fresh or frozen)
- 1 Banana (Fresh or Frozen)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Place the banana, berries, yogurt, vanilla & honey into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Smoothies are best consumed within a very short time of being made! You can keep it in the fridge but you may find it will split or just not be as nice as when it’s just been freshly blended.
- If you’re able to fresh berries cheap, then you should give these go. You will be surprised on how good the smoothie will taste otherwise frozen works just fine too.
- If you’re not a fan of sweet things, then make sure you don’t include the honey. The smoothie should still taste fine without it!
- If you want your protein hit, then you can simply add your protein powder to this recipe. Depending on the powder you’re using you may want to leave the honey out as some protein powders are already quite sweet.
The nutritional information for this tasty smoothie can be found below. It is only an estimate but should give you a very good idea of what to expect in terms of nutrition.
There are several good qualities about this smoothie such as it has a high amount of both calcium and vitamin B6. It’s also low in both cholesterol and sodium. The one downside to this smoothie is that it does a have a slightly higher amount of sugar in it.
Don’t be afraid to alter the recipe slightly to better suit your tastes. For example, you may want some chia seeds or wheat germ to add that extra bit of depth to your smoothie.
If you enjoy this recipe, then you should check out some of the other healthy banana smoothie recipes we have. One of my personal favorite is the banana and strawberry smoothie but they’re all pretty good to be honest.
I hope you enjoy this simple yet amazing banana berry smoothie recipe. If have a variation that you absolutely love and don’t mind sharing it then please drop a comment below.